Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In the mood...for planning!

So, I'm pleased to report that I'm now officially {I hope} in the wedding planning mood! Woo hoo!


The reason I wasn't in the mood initially was because to me, a wedding was just an event you spent a whole lot of money on that lasted just a few hours. I really didn't see what the big deal was. I mean, yeah, it's an important day, I suppose, but the way some people make it...it's just not that serious. And I still don't really see the point of spending a ton of money on one day, but I do think I see the bigger purpose of a wedding.

I guess I had this epiphany the other day when I was looking at the wedding mags I received from the bridal show. Let me rewind a little: Brittany and I were trying to think of a wedding theme for me, and I came across one called 'Bright Beginnings.' We both thought this would be a perfect theme for my wedding because yellow is the main color, and, well, it's a beginning. And that got me thinking...a wedding symbolizes the beginning of Mr. & Mrs., the start of our new lives together.

Throughout our marriage, we'll have the support of our true friends and family, so it's important to share this significant moment with them as well. See, I'd been more excited about actually being married to Chris than the actual wedding, but now I'm getting excited about the wedding, too. I don't think I'm going to be all-gung-ho Super-excited-wedding-planner-guru, but I will be more into the process now...




Anyhoo, please feel free to share your thoughts on the subject! ^_^



1 comment:

Ms. Dorita said...

Wow, you sure are different! In a good way. Most women only look at the wedding and not the bigger picture of actually being married. Its good that you know what is most important and now you can feel free to get sucked into the hype and not lose focus! Yay!

Btw...i like the theme too!