Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

My first bridal show

Yesterday I attended my first bridal show {hence the title}. One of my besties, Brittany, invited me. It was...interesting to say the least. I did get a few free magazines and other stuff, and I actually got some really great ideas.

But the most memorable moment had to be with the Ardyss "Body Magic" people. So, they have a booth, and one of the ladies asked me if I wanted to try one on; I was thinking, What the heck? It can't hurt anything.' {Let me first stop and say I really don't need one, and if you know me, you know this is true}...Anyhoo, so I go behind their curtain, and she takes my measurements. Then she finds the size...and tells me to lay down...on one of those tables you might see at a Dr.'s office. She couldn't really get it clasped, so she asked for assistance. So here I am, laying on the table thinking, Why the eff did I decide to do this? It's very awkward-- two women standing over me, my pants unbuttoned, it was really uncomfortable Lol. Then I go out and show Brittany, and she couldn't tell the difference either way Lol. And the one guy they had working there couldn't tell, either....*sigh* fun times...

On a brighter note, Brittany and I did go to David's Bridal, and it was kind of fun. I didn't try on any dresses, but Brit did try on a couple of bridesmaid's dresses, and I think I found them. Woo-hoo! Progress!

One thing I still haven't been able to decide on is the freaking bridal party...ugh! I really want to decide soon so I can just let everyone know or ask everyone, and I keep seeing all these articles that say choose wisely...
Anyway, I'm now feeling inspired to start planning for real-for real. I contacted a venue today, and we're {hopefully} going to get this first guest list squared away...Well, that's all I have for now...


No comments: