Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Titles: Boyfriend vs. Fiancé

Boyfriend or Fiancé?


Last Monday, I went to my alma mater, GCSU, and I hung out with some friends, of course. And a lot of times when I talk about Chris, I call him my boyfriend and not fiancé. My friend, Michael was like, 'Why do you call him your boyfriend?! He's your fiancé now!'

I mean, I know, he's my fiancé, and I'm proud of that and all that mushy stuff {lol}, but sometimes, it feels like fiancé is just so much to say {weird, I know}, and I don't want to be like, "My fiancé this," and "my fiancé that." And I really don't see it as that big of a deal, I guess. Now, when we get married, I'll definitely be referring to him as hubby/husband/etc.

What do ya'll think? Should I be calling Chris my fiancé or does it matter?

P.S.- I love u, Chris : )

2 comments:

J. said...

I came across your blog via Black Love Poster.

I do the same thing with my fiancée! It's just out of habit for me and I have to get used to calling him my fiancée.

Robyn said...

Girl, don't even worry about it!!! I can't even remember what I called the Hubby, Hubs, Hun, Husband, Handsome... when we were engaged! The point is, call your sweetie whatever your desires! It's not what you say, it's how you say it!!! ;-)