Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Is there a right time for marriage?

I was on one of my favorite websites, Nappturality, and I came across a thread in the forums. In it, they are discussing what it means to be "ready" for marriage.

I think it's a really great question. I hear so many people give their opinions of when other people will be ready for marriage, but I think the only people that can determine that are the ones in the relationship. In some relationships, I suppose you can kind of tell if the couple isn't ready {like if one of them is cheating or they fight/argue all the time, or if they're under 18}.

But I think that if both parties are mature, realize what they are getting into, do the things they need for a successful relationship {effective communication, trust, respect, etc.} and know that the other person is the person he/she wants to be with, then I say they're "ready."

What say you? What does it mean to be "ready" for marriage in your opinion? Do you think someone else can tell you you are/aren't "ready?"

No comments: