Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wedding planning-ugh!

I'd always said when I got engaged, I did not want to plan the wedding. Even though I'm somewhat of a control freak a hands-on kind of person, I. Don't. Like. Planning. Events. I learned this while in college.

As a mass communication major, I had to take two electives unrelated to my field, which was print. I chose public relations (PR) because I wasn't interested in anything having to do with broadcast journalism or advertising- but I digress. In the introductory class, we had to plan an event called the mass comm mixer for freshmen and sophomores who were interested in mass comm (or just wanted some free food). I pretty much hated all of the planning aspect of it.

Back to the matter at hand. Since I'm getting married sooner than I thought I would (even though I didn't have an actual time in mind, I didn't think it would be this soon), and I don't really have the funds to hire a planner (at least not at this moment), I have to plan it myself (yay!!)  Well, my cousin did say she'd love to help because wedding planning is something she'd been interested in as a career.

But my point is that the wedding planning process seems like sooo much! You have to choose colors, a venue for the ceremony and reception, flowers, dresses, food, the people you want to invite, and the list goes on and on. I know, I know, I have a really long time (at least that's what Chris keeps telling me), but I want things to go as smoothly as possible, and I don't want to spend the three months prior to the date in a frenzy because I waited until the last minute to decide anything.

So...please feel free to share your words of wisdom, tips, anything! Thanks in advance! : )

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm so happy for you! I did PR in university and I love the whole planning thing. I'm sure you have a checklist plus if u have close friends to help you plan like taking care of details it would really help.If i was closer I would have helped with the wedding invites :) all the best!

december 21 mayan calendar said...

Good article. thank you

If you want read more about 2012 year and about end of the world predicted at this year, you can do this here

http://2012earth.net/doomsday_2012.html