Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Updates- 2!

Happy New Year, ya'll! I can't believe I'm getting married this year!

Anyhoo, I haven't done a whole lot in the past month for the wedding mainly because I want to book vendors after I attend another bridal show that's closer to where I live. So, I plan to see what they have there, and then start booking people.

The venue: So, we got the price and capacity of the National Guard. The price is pretty reasonable, but the guy said it could realistically hold 200 people, and our guest list is considerably more. But, we now have another option that is less expensive and holds 300 people, so...we shall see how this plays out.

The dress: I made an appointment to purchase the gown near the end of this month {whoo-hoo!}; I'm definitely ready to get that part over with.

The bridal party: I've confirmed all the bridesmaids and the flower girl. Now, I have to figure out the number of hostesses and/or candle lighters. And Chris has to figure out the whole usher thing.

The dreaded guest list: We still haven't finalized the guest list *smh* Well, I kind of forgot to add some people, and they weren't people I could forget {they were family}, and we're still having some issues with cutting it. But, we have to figure it out ASAP because we're supposed to send save-the-dates next month!

Everything else: One of my goals is to spend at least two hours a week on wedding stuff so when August gets here, I won't turn into Bridezilla. And I have been researching ideas for reception decoration and centerpieces.

Well, that's about it for now...Until next time...



No comments: