Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fighting = True Love?

The other day, Chris and I were in the car, and I brought up how there's this Facebook page that essentially says couples who truly love each other argue/fight {verbally} a lot. I thought it was an interesting theory, and I wanted to know what he thought.

See, Chris and I hardly ever argue. In fact, by today's standards, they probably wouldn't even be considered arguments. I mean, we have our little spats about stupid stuff (like why he hasn't cleaned or something), and yeah, we might raise our voices, but we're not screaming at the top of our lungs, cussing each other out and fussing because he didn't call me back. Personally, I don't think arguing all the time is indicative of love. Yes, you'll have your disagreements from time to time, but I don't think fighting all the time in a relationship is healthy. I don't know though, I could be wrong. I like to think Chris and I are very much in love...

What do ya'll think?




Photo Credit

2 comments:

Economista said...

I agree. My fiance and I have been together over 8 tears, and he's my best friend. Accordingly, I treat him like a best friend (who also happens to be my lover, lol) - we don't yell and scream, and we rarely have disagreements because we're just easygoing, laid-back people. People have consistently asked us, "Dang, hang ya'll hang out all the time and not fight?" I always think that these people have been brainwashed into thinking that all relationships have to be the stereotypical sitcom relationships, where the husband is a doofus who resists change and it's the wife's job to nag and fix things every time he does something wrong. It's not true, people!

Unknown said...

I don't believe fighting is a sign of true love. It is a sign of two people with bad communication skills who probably grew up thinking that arguing is "normal".

The most effective way to win arguments is to disagree with the intention of reaching a compromise.