Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Venue

So I'm excited because we may have found the perfect venue! First, let me give you a little background about the search.

Okay, I live in Hartwell, a small town that doesn't have many options when it comes to wedding/reception venues. Initially, we thought we'd have the wedding at the church we attend and have the reception at the local golf course. I got information about having it there, and there are two prices: For 125 guests, the food, half the ballroom, etc, it was around $2500 {according to my calculations}. But as you know, the guest list is now way more than 125, and it costs $800 just to get the entire room. So...yeah, I don't think that's going to work.

Option two was to have the wedding in Hartwell and the reception in Anderson (where Chris is from). But it's a 30 minute drive, and I don't really feel comfortable asking people to drive to Hartwell for the wedding and then drive 30 more minutes to the reception. And besides, I don't want to ride 30 minutes to the reception either.

Now, I'm hoping {fingers crossed} that we can have the wedding in Anderson at the Anderson Arts Center. I love it because 1) Well, it's in Anderson; 2) It can hold up to 300 guests; 3) It's unique; and 4) It's affordable! I want to have both the wedding and reception there; the events coordinator said it was probably possible, but no one's ever had a wedding there...Anyhoo, I think we're going to have a look at it next week, and hopefully everything will work out...Wish me luck!

No comments: