Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Take it from them...

...because black women {and men} find love, too!

This post is all about a happily married black man who's married to a black woman {yes, they do exist!}. Check out what Emmanuel has to say:


Wedding Anniversary Date: June 28, 2008

How did you know Crystal was the one?
That's a great question...honestly, I had commitment issues before Crystal- as in, I ran from the word "relationship." However, I always figured that whenever I actually "take the plunge" and get into a committed relationship, that woman would most likely be the one I marry. I guess I started to realize it when I thought about how she was the first person I felt like I could be myself 100% around, without holding back anything. I'm a very reserved, guarded person, and I knew she had to be special to be able to break down those barries so easily.

What is one thing marriage has taught you?
No matter what, if your foundation is built on love, you can weather any storm. No matter how wonderful the connection is between two people, you're not going to see eye-to-eye on everything; some issues may come up from time to time, but love will conquer all. It seems that, especially nowadays, people run at the first sign of trouble, but I think that's because they haven't built a foundation on love. I've heard couples refer to their marriages as business arrangements or partnerships- and that's unfortunate because the bond I have with my wife is so much more than that!

Any advice or tips for newlyweds?
Communicate! Learn how to disagree, discuss and dissolve an issue without fighting. Lastly, remember to do the nice little things you did for each other earlier in the relationship- continuous courtship keeps the fire buring for a lifetime.

Check out Emmanuel aka Eazy's music--> eazy.bandcamp.com


If you're a happily married black woman {or man}, and you want to be featured, send me an email for consideration: jamienfleming (at) gmail (dot) com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this...I'm glad I was able to share my experience! Love is beautiful. Congrats to you as well!