Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

God's sense of humor

So I was procrastinating reading some of the Facebook statuses on BaisdenLive from The Michael Baisden Show. He asked Christian women if they prayed to God for husband, do they believe He would send him? I read some responses, and one woman said to be careful what you pray for because God does have a sense of humor. Basically, you need to be specific about the kind of man you want.

That made me think about my previous relationship. I don't know if I told ya'll, but this was a time when I thought there would be no other "good" men left after I left the college atmosphere. I figured this is as good as it gets, so I better hold on to him! {Lol, don't judge me}. Anyway, sometimes, I used to pray that I would marry him {so sad, I know, Lol}. It wasn't an everyday thing, just when I thought about it, I'd be like, "God, let me marry Paul."

Well, obviously, he and I broke up. But coincidentally (or not), I am marrying Paul:

Christopher Paul Dixon!

Isn't God funny?! I just thought I'd share that because I think it's kind of cool and ironic that I got what I asked for. But for real though, whatever you want in life, make sure you are very specific about it! : )

2 comments:

Ms. Dorita said...

Lol that's awesome!

Vicki S said...

I know what you mean about being specific! A friend of mine at Bible College said she would marry anyone as long as he wasn't a missionary. Last thing I heard .... she married a missionary!

I am seeking true stories from people who have had an encounter with God that shows His wonderful sense of humour. Eventually I would like to publish the stories in book form, with all proceeds going to the Bible Society.

The aim of the Bible Society is to "put the Bible into people’s hands...This means that every effort is made to raise funds in order that they might produce Scripture in a language that is understood, in a format that is acceptable, at a price that is affordable."

If you have a true story that you would freely like to share for inclusion in this book, and are willing to waive all rights to the story, I would love to hear from you.

You can email me at magdalena_babblejack @ yahoo.com (don't forget to remove the spaces in the email address). Please include your full name, address, and phone number (with country and area code please). Should your story be included, your name and hometown/country will be included with it!

Of course, once I get a good selection together I can then contact you to let you know that I am proceeding with the publication of the book!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!