Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I want to like cooking...

This is so not me


I was procrastinating taking a break so I decided to head over to ChocolateBrides.com. On it, I read a post, "The Power of Food." In it, The Happy Nappy Bride talks about how she actually wants to cook for her hubby and family. Not that he can't do it, but she enjoys it and is good at it. The post made me think about my hate/hate relationship with cooking.

I want to like cooking. Really, I do. Not because I feel that I'm "supposed" to cook {Chris can cook; he's literally been doing so since, like, age 10}. I want to because 1) I like to eat; 2) Although I won't cook every night, I'm sure I'll have to some times, and I wouldn't mind actually enjoying it-- at least a little; and 3) When we have kids, they have to eat something besides frozen pizza and Wendy's right? {I guess...}

I just don't like to cook though...it takes too much time, in my opinion, and it's just not...fun. Maybe {hopefully} I'll learn to kinda like it within the next 345 days. Or at least learn to tolerate the act.

If you have any tips, advice, anything, leave me a comment...help a sista out! LOL!


Photo from mymajicdc.com

2 comments:

Don said...

Cannot really say that I nor she likes to cook. But we like to eat, so I believe we both view it as mandatory. During my last relationship where I lived with my daughters ... there was a certain honor in preparing meals. Now, not as much. So I try to eat out as much as possible.

Chrissy said...

Jamie, there are so many types of cooking! Start off with something simple and TASTY! The best thing to do is ask your friends or family for their favorite recipes. It will provide a wide variety for you to try.